What Is Digital Art and Drawing Software?
Digital art and drawing software are programs with tools that turn your computer monitor or mobile device screen into a digital canvas.
Additionally, they come with an extensive collection of paintbrushes (or you can even create your own brushes) and color palettes.
Many of these programs can also emulate different mediums, from oil, acrylic paints, and watercolor to pastels, pencils, and charcoal. But at the same time, they allow users to break away from traditional methods.
With digital art software, you can also manipulate your artwork by adding fillers, layers, and effects that were not previously possible.
How To Choose the Best Digital Art Software
The best digital art software depends on your graphic design style, your skill level, the device and accessories you have at hand, and your budget.
While digital art software comes in all shapes and sizes, the best ones share similar capabilities and features. Thus, I selected my favorite tools according to these factors:
- They have all the essential tools for graphic design, digital painting, and everything in between.
- The art software solutions provide a natural drawing experience.
- The painting software solutions offer a wide range of brushes.
- They work across a wide range of devices, including tablets and smartphones.
- Their interface is intuitive and easy to navigate.
The Best Digital Art Software Programs
So, what’s the best digital art software for you? Find out with this comparison guide for artists and graphic designers.