The Best Wedding Website Builders to Celebrate Your Big Day!
Are you preparing for your big day? A lot goes into wedding preparation: catering, photoshoots, flower arrangements, music, attire, and guest lists, among many other details.
Fortunately, you can now simplify the process with a beautiful wedding website that you can send to your family, friends, and guests.
But what kind of tool can you use to build a beautiful wedding website with little hassle?
In this article, I’ll run you through some wedding website builder reviews and guides to help you decide which one to use.
Here are my top five best wedding website builders at a glance:
Table of Contents
What Is a Wedding Website Builder?
A wedding website maker or builder allows you to create custom wedding websites to inform your guests about essential details.
This will enable you to disseminate important information while giving your wedding communications added flair.
Wedding website builders make it easy to create these stunning websites, even for those with little to no coding experience.
You’ll need to create an account on a wedding website builder service and tweak it to your liking.
Your wedding website can include key details such as:
- The names of the couple
- Your wedding date
- Your wedding venue
- Time and reminders
- Dress code
- Guest list
- The theme (if you have one)
- Reception information
Besides being a digital invitation, your wedding website can also serve various functions. Some of the most common features of wedding website builders are the following:
- Ability to customize your own website
- Collect honeymoon monetary gifts
- Collect digital RSVPs
- Check who has opened your invitations
- Wedding gift registries
- Guest tracking and management
- Wedding planning
- Seating arrangement management
The Best Wedding Website Builders
So, what’s the best wedding website for you? Find out with this wedding website comparison guide for couples and anyone who’s part of the wedding planning process.
Joy is an excellent tool for anyone whose wedding day is coming up. It’s perfect for wedding planners looking for a fancy add-on to impress their clients.
With hundreds of wedding design templates to choose from and a ton of customizations possible, your wedding site will surely stand out and provide the necessary details to guests. Best of all, it’s free to use!
Its keyword tool provides critical information, such as views, favorites, competitions, and sales.
EtsyHunt also has a formidable set of tools for product search, Etsy listings optimization, shop analysis, and calculating Etsy fees.
- Best For Hip and modern couples
- Price Free
- Annual Billing N/A
- Promotion Free Plan
In many aspects, Joy is the best wedding website creator for couples from all walks of life. If you’re a business in the wedding industry, you might find this service exceptionally useful, too.
One of the best things about Joy is that the service doesn’t charge you a monthly fee. Neither does it charge a one-time setup fee.
Joy monetizes through your gift registry, taking a commission on registry products purchased through their service. This way, brides and grooms-to-be don’t have to worry about adding a wedding website cost to their wedding expenses.
- Hundreds of website themes you can match with your save-the-dates and wedding invites
- Event live-streaming services
- Digital RSVPs
- Wedding planning tools
- Guest list to manage guests (and their plus-ones)
- Analytics and tracking on guests who have received and opened invites
- Guest list manager
- Guest notifications on any changes to the program wedding venue, time, and other details
- Ability to create a custom URL or add a custom domain
- Wedding registry
- Travel bookings manager
- Password protection to make your site private
- Unlimited photo storage
- Mobile app
- Personal customer support
While there are hundreds of themes and several customization abilities on their free wedding website, many other wedding websites provide more variety.
Most of Joy’s features, including collaborative photo albums and the mobile app, also don’t work without an internet connection.
Its wedding planning tools are relatively limited compared to other project and event management tools.
Joy provides all of its services for free and earns commissions from purchases made through its wedding registry service.
If you’re a wedding planner or a couple taking care of all your wedding details, The Knot is one of the best website-building tools.
It has one of the most extensive planning tools and a ton of other great wedding templates.
Not only will your wedding have an incredible online platform, but you’ll also plan the big event more efficiently.
- Best For Wedding planners
- Price $19.99 a year with a custom domain
- Annual Billing N/A
- Promotion Free Plan
The Knot is the best website for wedding planning as it provides you with a whole set of tools to prepare all your wedding details.
It has an excellent guest list management feature and allows you to make a custom site with any of its fantastic website templates.
The Knot also has a massive collection of wedding suppliers you can work with to give you a stylish wedding you’ll remember for the rest of your life.
- The Knot wedding website themes and tools to give your wedding a unique landing page
- Synced registries for your wedding, honeymoon, and life after the big day
- A list of hotels with discounted rooms and venues
- A guest list management dashboard that lets you collect addresses so you can send paper wedding invitations
- Wedding checklist
- Detailed wedding budgeting tool
- Photo album
- Wedding hashtag tracker for Instagram
- The Knot’s list of suppliers has no vetting process, so you should do your own research before hiring anyone through the website.
- There are several limits to the service’s free wedding website builder.
- You’ll have to pay to add a custom domain name to your site.
The Knot has a free plan. But if you want a custom domain name, you can get one for $19.99 a year or $39.98 for two years.
Say I Do is a highly intuitive wedding website designer that’s extremely easy to use. Moreover, it has a free plan you can use without upgrading your account.
Say I Do should be one of your options if you’re on a budget and want something easy to set up when creating a wedding website.
- Best For Non-techy Users
- Price One-time cost starts at $70
- Annual Billing N/A
- Promotion Free up to 85 guests
If you need a wedding website with a beautiful design and a hassle-free setup, Say I Do is one of the best wedding website builders to use. You can have your site built for you in a matter of minutes.
On top of website templates and customizations, you can use other functions and tools to complete your wedding planning workflow.
- Integrates with Instagram when you create a wedding website so guests can interact with you
- Guestlist manager that lets you import and export guests and group guests accordingly
- Online wedding invitations
- Contact details manager
- Wedding planning tools with a drag-and-drop seating planner and wedding checklists
- QR code generator to direct guests to your wedding website
- Password protection to ensure your guest list stays exclusive
- Multi-language support
- Say I Do has some well-designed website templates in its directory. However, the selection isn’t too varied.
- The tool is only free for up to 85 guests.
Here are Say I Do’s pricing plans.
- Free – up to 85 guests
- Standard – $70 for up to 150 guests
- Premium – $98 for unlimited guests
- Platinum – $125 for unlimited guests and additional upgrades, such as QR codes and removing Say I Do’s branding
Zola is the best wedding website creator if your priority is to have a wedding registry. One of the best things about the wedding website builder is that you can seamlessly integrate the service into your page.
The wedding website creator also has a very easy-to-use interface, which makes it easy for you to create wedding websites with minimal hassle.
The service includes various essential services, including digital and print wedding invitations, event planning dashboards, and a guest list manager.
- Best For Wedding registry
- Price Starts at $14.95 if you want a custom domain
- Annual Billing N/A
- Promotion Free Plan
Zola makes the perfect wedding websites for couples who want a seamless gift registry experience for their guests. They have partnerships with over 800 brands and provide an avenue to gift honeymoon funds.
The website builder and wedding gift registry site also let users control when they want to receive their wedding gifts. They can accept the gifts as soon as possible, during the wedding party, or later when they have room.
Their wedding websites also offer all sorts of customizability, including video embedding, RSVPs, a photo gallery, and many other valuable features.
- Ability to collect guest addresses to send emails
- RSVP tracking
- Manage plus ones and meal preferences
- Zola wedding registry integration
- Custom changes to your wedding website, including changing the home page, travel itinerary, registry, wedding party, photos, things to do, RSVP, and attire.
- A free checklist of to-do lists that adjust based on your wedding date
- Password protection for exclusive guest lists
- Registry and wedding app
- Zola has an excellent registry feature, but it could be better in other aspects compared to other wedding planning options.
- Some user experience nuances might make it challenging to use the service initially.
Zola’s website builder is available for free. If you want to add a custom domain name, you can pay $14.95.
When using their registry, the wedding service will charge a 2.5% fee, which guests can choose to absorb if they wish to.
Riley & Grey is an excellent option for creating a wedding website when your priority is getting people to RSVP to your wedding date.
It’s also ideal for those looking to create a luxury wedding website, as its templates radiate elegance and charm in one package.
- Best For Luxury weddings and RSVP websites
- Price $35/mo
- Annual Billing $240 for one year
- Promotion Free trial until you’re ready to publish
The wedding website designs on Riley & Grey are some of the most exquisite among wedding website builders. You can make a gorgeous wedding website at a price worth every penny.
Riley & Grey also makes the best wedding websites for RSVP-ing, allowing you to create custom RSVPs. That way, your guests can view the specific events they can attend.
This helps you manage multiple events more efficiently, like a bridal shower, rehearsal dinner, reception, or ceremony guest lists.
- Custom domain and hosting
- Mobile-responsive site
- A full suite of wedding stationery (save the dates, invitation, menus, and program)
- Some of the most beautiful and unique templates for wedding websites
- Guest management system with guest messaging
- Customized RSVPs to manage guest lists for your showers, rehearsal dinner, and wedding day
- Event information collection and management, such as food preferences
If you’re creating a wedding website on a budget, Riley & Grey might not be the pick for you, as it’s pricier than most options.
Here are Riley & Grey’s pricing plans:
- Month-to-Month – $35 monthly
- Full Year – $240 yearly (or around $20 a month)
Minted is one of the most popular websites for wedding invitations and has one of the most extensive collections of beautiful website templates, cards, and stationery.
They’re all designed by independent artists Minted supports through their offerings and programs. By working with Minted, you get to support these artists too.
- Best For Those creating RSVP websites
- Price $15 for a custom domain and the option to upload photos
- Annual Billing N/A
- Promotion Free website (extra charges apply only for the cards, custom URL, and photo gallery)
Minted has a whole collection of RSVP website designs that can make responding to your invitations engaging and fun. The builder has many excellent wedding website templates to choose from and artists to help you out.
- Hundreds of website templates with wedding stationery options for invitations, save the dates, and food menus
- An intuitive dashboard with a simple website creation process and a live preview of your site before you make it live
- Separate pages for guests and multiple events, such as bridal showers, rehearsal dinners, and others
- RSVP forms for your guests to answer questions, such as those about food choices or plus-ones
- Universal guest list to help collect addresses
- Custom designs by a Minted artist if you get a premium plan
Minted is excellent in terms of design and has a generic website builder that anyone can use. But if you need something to help you plan and organize your event, you might find Minted lacking.
Another issue is that the photo gallery can look beautiful, but there’s very little flexibility to the base design.
Minted charges $15 for a custom URL and photo library.
Wedsites is a fantastic website building, planning, and management tool for couples-to-be and event organizers. It’s an all-in-one solution with many features that make communication with your guests memorable and engaging.
- Best For All-around wedding planners
- Price Starts at $99
- Annual Billing N/A
- Promotion Free plan
Wedsites is one of the most flexible custom wedding website creators. It comes with all sorts of wedding website tools to help you build a wedding website that fits your wedding style and theme.
With Wedsites, you get more than just your own wedding website. You can also create wedding party bios for your guests, create gated access for private events, and more.
- A drag-and-drop website editor for maximum flexibility and customizability to your websites
- Lets you create wedding bios to introduce your bridal party and other notable people supporting you on your marriage journey
- Wedding planning timeline creator
- Custom CSS for advanced web designers
- A pre-filled wedding checklist for your wedding plans and event management
- Custom domain name forwarding
- Livestream services to broadcast your wedding for virtual guests
- Visitor analytics
- Planning and budgeting features are basic and lacking if you want something that provides in-depth details for planning.
- Guest list management has minimal features and add-ons, making it hard to customize and group guests.
- Although payments for their premium plans are one-off, they’re also relatively high.
You can use Wedsites for free if you only need its basic features. But if you want access to advanced settings, you’ll need to upgrade your plan.
There are two paid plans:
- Standard – $99 one-off
– Unlimited guests
– Collect online RSVPs
– Custom RSVP questionnaire form
– Paperless invitations
– Digital save the dates
– Custom email sending
- Pro – $199 one-off
– Personalized event planning tools
– Digital checklist
– Seating chart builder
– Printable reports
– Timeline creator
– Budget calculator + tracking
– Vendor payment reminders
Wedding Wire is a highly popular wedding planning, registry, and website creation app that many couples worldwide use. It’s the best option for anyone looking for something plug-and-play and no-frills.
- Best For Those who want the basics
- Price $24 per year with a custom domain
- Annual Billing $24
- Promotion Frre Plan
When it comes to wedding website builders, Wedding Wire is one of the most no-frills options on the market. It has all the basic features you need to run a functioning site for your special day, plus a few other functions.
It has an excellent planning suite, including a wedding checklist, guest seating plan, budget tracker, vendor manager, and more.
- A simple website builder that will help you get a simple website up in a matter of minutes
- Dozens of well-designed templates to choose from
- A gift registry management
- Wedding invitations
- A library of wedding ideas and inspiration
- Collect RSVPs from your guests
- An easy-to-use mobile app for Apple and Google Play
- Option to password-protect your website
While simple, the website editor can be too basic if you want more customizations on your website.
There’s a vendor marketplace for wedding suppliers, but the massive database can be hard to traverse. It offers too many options to a fault and can be overwhelming.
Creating a wedding website on Wedding Wire is free if you don’t get a domain name. If you want a domain, you’ll pay $24 per year.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How Much Do Wedding Websites Cost?
Most website builders are totally free to use. However, advanced customizations could cost you.
The most common cost is adding a custom domain name, which could cost upwards of $15 a year.
Other wedding website providers might also monetize in different ways. For instance, some services might charge a commission or percentage on monetary gifts or gift registry purchases.
But if you go with any of the options I mentioned in this article, you should be able to get the best deal possible.
Is a Free Wedding Website Builder Worth It?
It depends on the service you get and the features you want. You should be fine with a free plan if you can make the most of free features like a simple website and basic information.
But suppose you’re looking at wedding websites that perform advanced features like gift registries or monetary gift collections. In that case, you might need to pay for a higher-tier plan.
What Are the Advantages of Using a Wedding Website Builder?
Websites are important because they provide form and function. The same is true for wedding websites.
Apart from adding a festive and celebratory touch to your big event, a wedding website also has other valuable benefits. Here are some of them.
- Convenience. Creating wedding websites lets you share all the crucial details of your big day. It beats having to share details, again and again, to potentially hundreds of guests. I highly recommend you have an FAQ page on your wedding website to do this.
- Better-planned destination weddings. Some wedding websites have a travel planner and hotel-booking feature to assist guests traveling from different places if your wedding is out of town.
- Organization. Wedding websites help you track your guest list, RSVPs, and gift registries to let you better prepare for your big day.
- Make gift-giving easier! A website with an intuitive gift-giving feature could make it easier for your guests to give wedding presents.
How Do I Choose the Best Wedding Website Builder?
I’ve discussed the best wedding website platforms with you, but the choice is yours at the end of the day.
If you feel stuck when choosing the best wedding website builder to serve your needs, here are some considerations to keep in mind:
- Features: Take the time to think about the key elements that are non-negotiable for you. Look at the key features provided above and see which option checks most, if not all, the boxes for you.
- Your wedding theme: Your wedding theme is also important as you want to find a website that matches it.
- Your budget: The features you need will directly affect your budget. Check your finances and see how much you can set aside to pay for the best website possible.
- Your guests: Think about your guests and if they will appreciate your website’s features. Will the website help them or cause confusion?
What If I Want a Website With More Features?
If the website’s basic features are not enough for you and you need something more robust, you can also opt to have a professional website created.
However, remember that you’ll also need to hire a professional designer and developer to create a professional site, which will incur extra charges.
You could also opt for more advanced responsive website builders to get the job done. You can use some of the tools on these builders to create websites, but it won’t be as plug-and-play as the other options provided above.
There are many tools and services available to help couples create stunning websites for their wedding day and all preparations leading up to it. The question now is, which one will you go for?
Whichever service you choose, the most crucial part is that you enjoy the whole process. After all, your wedding will be one of the most momentous occasions of your life.
Take the time and effort to choose a service that will help create an incredible experience for your partner and guests.
You deserve the best website, loads of gifts, happy guests, great memories, and all the happiness that come with all those things.
Omar Founder of OJ Digital Solutions