Many users value quality and choice when subscribing to video streaming services and digital content.
Unsurprisingly, viewers subscribe to multiple channels to determine if their memberships are worth it. Some even enable the auto-renewal option for the channels they like.
Users who don’t like specific channels turn off auto-renew and process a cancellation.
One popular premium streaming channel is Starz, home of acclaimed original shows like American Gods and Black Sails. Starz is available on various platforms, including Amazon Prime.
If you have an Amazon Prime Video subscription and want to cancel Starz, you’ve come to the right place.
I wrote this guide to explain how to cancel Starz on Amazon Prime Video. Aside from canceling your Starz on Amazon Prime Video, I’ll also discuss how you can cancel it on other platforms like Roku and Apple TV.
Amazon makes it somewhat tricky for users to cancel Prime Video.
The service will ask you multiple times whether you’re sure of your decision while presenting you with other options.
Furthermore, Amazon deliberately puts the cancel or unsubscribe button in a somewhat concealed area of the website.
Fortunately, my straightforward guide can help you cancel your Starz subscription on Amazon Prime video.
Here’s how to cancel your Starz subscription on Amazon using various methods.
- Open your Amazon app and log into your account.
- Select the Memberships & Subscriptions button to see all your subscribed services.
- Click on Starz.
- Select the Cancel button.
- Check your Memberships & Subscriptions to ensure your Starz channel subscription is no longer there.
Note: If you encounter issues canceling Starz on the Amazon app, go to the Amazon website and follow the instructions below.
- Go to the Amazon website and log into your Amazon account.
- Click on Accounts & Lists.
- Select Memberships & Subscriptions.
- Under the Memberships & Subscriptions, choose Video Prime Channels.
- You’ll see the list of your channel subscriptions. Look for the Starz channel.
- Select Cancel Channel.
- After clicking Cancel Channel, you’ll see a tab offering a $0.99 monthly streaming bill for two months.
- If you like the offer, click on it. Otherwise, select Cancel My Subscription.
- On the next page, you need to provide your reasons for canceling your Starz subscription. If you don’t want to check any of the options provided, select Prefer Not To Answer.
- Ensure you successfully canceled Starz on Amazon by going to Memberships & Subscriptions where you can see Prime Video Channels option.
In addition to Amazon Prime, users can subscribe to Starz through other providers.
Thus, I’ll also explain the process of canceling Starz if you subscribed to it on Android, iOS, Roku, or Apple TV.
- Open Settings on your iOS device.
- Select iTunes & App Store.
- Tap your Apple ID.
- Select View Apple ID.
- Enter your Apple ID password and select OK.
- Tap Manage under the Subscriptions section.
- Choose a subscription.
- Toggle the Automatic Renewal button to switch off your subscription.
- Open the Google Play Store app on your Android device.
- Select the Menu icon.
- Tap the Subscription option.
- Choose the Starz subscription.
- Select the Cancel button.
- Tap Yes to confirm and cancel Starz.
- On your iTunes account, open the Settings app.
- Select the iTunes & App Store option.
- Tap on your Apple ID.
- Enter your Apple ID password or use your fingerprint.
- Select Subscriptions.
- Click on the channel subscriptions you want to cancel.
- Go to Options.
- Select Manage Subscription to view the renewal date and additional options.
- Click on Cancel Subscription.
- Decide whether you want to cancel your subscription immediately or keep it until the end date of your subscription billing period.
If you subscribed to Starz through your cable provider, you need to contact them and say you want to cancel Starz. Your provider will help you remove it from your service.
Before you cancel Starz, remember that it’s cheaper than other popular streaming services like Showtime and HBO Max.
It’s also a lot cheaper if you get Starz as an add-on subscription to your Amazon Prime membership or cable service.
On the flip side, Starz doesn’t have as many original titles as Hulu, Netflix, or HBO. It also doesn’t have as many movies as Paramount+ or HBO Max.
Despite some drawbacks, Starz is worth your money if you love any of the channel’s original series and want access to popular movies.
Starz is one of the most popular premium streaming service providers offering a library of older movies and TV shows on top of award-winning originals.
However, Starz doesn’t have nearly as many titles as HBO Max. Thus, many viewers only have it as an add-on to other subscription plans rather than a stand-alone streaming service.
If you value original content and a more extensive library of movies and TV shows and don’t mind paying more, consider HBO Max or Showtime. You can purchase them as add-ons or as a stand-alone service.
Starz has a shorter free trial, which only lasts a week. Meanwhile, Showtime has a 30-day free trial. HBO Max, on the other hand, has no free trial.
Other possible Starz alternatives you may want to check out are Cinemax, Vudu, TiVo, Netflix, Dexter Studios, and YouTube TV.
See how easy it is to cancel Starz on Amazon Prime and other platforms?
Don’t hesitate to use the information in this guide to cancel your Starz subscription if you realize you’re not a fan of the service.
If you want, you can also cancel your Amazon Prime Video subscription entirely.