Do you often shop on the Amazon site? If so, you may have wondered if there was an easy way to share your cart with a friend or family member.
Or maybe you’re shopping for a gift and want to get a second opinion before you make a purchase. Well, there is a way to do that!
With a few plugins or extensions, you can easily share a cart with someone else.
In this step-by-step guide, I will show you how to share Amazon cart with someone in just a few minutes.
By following these simple instructions, you can make online shopping even more convenient for yourself and the people you love.
Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
How To Share Amazon Cart
Unfortunately, you can’t share your Amazon cart directly through Amazon. However, there are a variety of free browser extensions and plugins that enable you to share a cart with others.
Examples of third-party browser plugins you can use are Share-A-Cart or Shopping Cart Share.
Each third-party share-a-cart plugin may have a different process for how to send an Amazon cart to someone.
Let’s take a look at how you can use these two options:
Using the Share-A-Cart extension
I will cover how to send an Amazon cart to someone using the Share-A-Cart extension.
Share an Amazon Cart Using the Share A Cart extension:
First, let’s download the extension.
1 – Search for “Share A Cart” on your browser.
2 – Select “Share A Cart Amazon” from the search results that appear.
3 – A new window with the download option will open. Click on “Add To Chrome” to install the extension on your browser.
Now that you have downloaded the extension, follow these steps to share a cart with someone.
1- Log into your Amazon account.
2- Add items you would like to share to your cart. Remember to enter the correct quantity as well.
3- When you’re ready, go to the extension icon and click on it, then select Create Cart ID.
4- Your shopping cart’s contents will be packaged for delivery to whomever you specify.
You’ll see your cart’s unique ID at the top of the page. This is a unique code generated by the extension.
5- You have the option to copy-paste the code into an email and share it with someone else.
6- You can also share it using the supported messengers. To do this, click on the “Share” button and you will be redirected to a new page.
From here, you can share it through Email, SMS, Facebook, WhatsApp and more.
Once you have sent your cart to the other person, they will also have to add the extension to view it.
How the Recipient Can View the Cart:
1 – First and foremost, ensure that you have been provided with the correct cart ID.
2 – When you’ve got it, go to the extension icon and select “Receive Cart.”
3 – Type or paste the cart ID that your friend gave you in the “Cart ID” field, and then click “Get Cart” when you’re finished.
4 – The contents of your friends’ cart will be retrieved, and the Amazon shopping cart page will appear.
Using the Shopping Cart Share extension
Another option for sharing your Amazon cart would be to use Shopping Cart Share. This is among the most popular extensions to share a cart with, and also one of the simplest to use.
To do so, simply follow the steps below:
- Download the Shopping Cart Share extension for Google Chrome. You could also get the Android version from the Google Play Store.
- Go to your Amazon account and sign in.
- Access your Shopping Cart from the cart icon on the top right of your page. If you don’t have a shopping cart yet, you can add each individual item by going to the optimized product listing and clicking on “Add to Cart.”
- From the Amazon cart page, choose “Share.“
- You can then share the link to your Amazon cart with someone else.
How Do I Share Amazon Cart On My iPhone/Android?
If you are wondering how to share an Amazon shopping cart on phone, the same extensions that you can use on your computer to share your Amazon shopping carts are also available on the app store or play store.
You should be able to download them on your smartphone without any problems.
Things are a little different, however, if you would like to send your cart and let the other person have control of the shared cart.
Here is how to share your amazon cart on mobile using the Amazon app on either Iphone or Android:
- On the app, sign in with your Amazon account.
- Start adding items to your shopping cart.
- Tap View Cart & Checkout to see them all. You can see the details there.
- When you click “Transfer control of the cart,” you’ll be taken to a page where you can input the email address of the person with whom you would like to share it.
- Click “Send.“
Why Share Amazon Cart?
Sharing your Amazon cart can be incredibly useful for a number of reasons. Here are some of the reasons why one would need to share a cart:
- You’re planning a surprise gift for someone and want to get their opinion on what to buy.
- You’re buying a gift for someone who lives far away and you want to make sure they like what you’re getting them.
- You’re buying an expensive item and you want to get a second opinion before making the purchase.
- You need help deciding what to buy and you want someone else’s input.
- You’re trying to keep track of items for a registry or a wishlist you share with someone.
- You’re collaborating on a project with someone and need to share items that you’re considering purchasing.
- You’re helping someone buy something through your Amazon account.
How Do I Share Amazon Wish List?
Your Amazon wish list can be shared with family and friends for them to view and edit.
Sharing your Amazon Wish List is a great way to let people know what you want for your birthday or Christmas.
Here’s how to do it:
- First, log into your Amazon account and go to your “Lists” section.
- Access the wish list you’d like to share.
- Select + Invite from the relevant list.
- Select one of these options:
– View only: Anyone with a link to your list can view it but not change it.
– Edit and view: This option allows people you invite to make changes to the list (more than one person). They can remove or add products to your list, adjust priorities and quantities, and post comments.
They can also join you in a private group chat to share ideas, ask questions, and provide feedback to assist you with your shopping. They’ll also get notifications whenever someone exits or joins your list.
Note that if your list was previously set to Private, it will now be set to Shared.
- Select Invite by email or copy the link.
Things To Note:
- Your email addresses will be used only to send the invitation message.
- Only the list owner has access to the privacy settings, ability to delete or share the list with others, as well as view and alter recipient names and shipping addresses.
- The owner of the list can manage the list of invitees by going to the ‘More’ menu and clicking on ‘Manage People’.
How Do I Share Amazon Wish Lists On iPhone/Android?
On the Amazon app, you can share your wish lists in the following way:
- To access the menu, open the Amazon app and tap the three lines in the bottom right corner.
- Select “Your Wish List” from the drop-down menu.
- To share, select the one you want and tap “Invite.”
- “View only” or “View and edit” are the options.
- Finally, you’ll receive the link, which you can share via WhatsApp, email, Instagram, and more.
How Long Can Items Stay In An Amazon Cart?
Items you have added to your Amazon cart can stay for up to two weeks before purchase, although certain items in your cart might go out of stock if you wait that long. Some items can sell out in hours, but you’re unlikely to have that problem with items like for everyday household purchasing.
So if you want to buy something, don’t leave it in your cart for a very long time. More so if it is an item that is on-demand and has a high conversion rate.
However, whether you’re browsing as a guest or signed in will affect how long you can leave products in your Amazon cart.
Guests’ carts on Amazon will be refreshed every 30 minutes. So if you would like to keep items in your Amazon cart, I suggest you create an account first so you don’t have to worry about the page refresh or sharing your cart.
Is there a limit to how many items a buyer can order in one order?
The quantity of products that can be purchased is limited by the Shopping Cart capacity. A Buyer Shopping Cart can hold up to 1000 individual items, and accommodate up to 50 different items.
Here are a few examples to give you an idea what an Amazon cart can hold:
- There are two unique items, each with a 500-unit quantity.
- There are 50 different types of goods, each with a volume of 20 pieces.
- Just one item with a quantity of up to 999 is allowed.
Can You Share Amazon Basket?
There is no direct way to share your Amazon basket within Amazon itself, which means that you’ll have to download a browser extension or a share-a-cart plugin to share your Amazon cart.
Some popular extensions you can use include Share-A-Cart or Shopping Cart Share. With just a few steps, you can share your cart with someone else in minutes.
How Do I Move The Wish List To A Cart With Shopping Cart Share?
You can easily transfer items from your Amazon Wishlist to your Amazon cart using the Shopping Cart Share extension. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to your Amazon account and sign in.
- Select “Account & Lists” from the drop-down menu.
- Locate the Wishlist you want to add to your Amazon shopping cart.
- Select “Move to cart” with the Shopping Cart Share extension.
- Repeat the procedure as needed.
Shopping Cart Share will automatically detect the list and link it to your Amazon cart, so you won’t have to do anything else.
Can You Make Separate Carts on Amazon?
Yes, you can. However, there’s a catch to it: you can make separate carts on Amazon only when you have items on your Amazon Fresh shopping cart and Amazon shopping cart.
If this is the case, you will see two separate orders and consequently have to check out the carts separately. If you have items in your Amazon shopping cart that you do not want to check out yet, you can simply deselect those items and they will not be included in the checkout.
To deselect an item, click on the check box to the left of the item and it will be removed from the checkout list.
And, yes, you can also share your Amazon Fresh cart in the same way you’d share your shopping cart. It works fine for this as well.
How Can Amazon Convert Shopping Cart to Wishlist?
You can move items between Alexa Shopping and Your Lists online using the Amazon Shopping app which is pretty cool. Here are steps to follow:
- Open the Amazon Shopping app on your phone.
- Select Alexa Lists from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the list that contains the item you want to move.
- Move to another list by selecting the menu icon next to the item.
- Choose the list to which you want to move the item.
The Bottom Line
I hope that you have found this guide on how to share an Amazon cart helpful. As we have seen, there is no direct way to share your Amazon cart, but there are a few workaround methods that you can use.
You’ll need to download one of several browser plug-ins or extensions available, such as Share-A-Cart or Shopping Cart Share to share your cart with someone else.
After downloading one of these add-ons, you can easily send your Amazon shopping cart to someone by enabling the add-on and visiting your Amazon cart. To share your cart, you can either generate and copy a unique code or directly share the cart from the third-party extension.
Pretty easy, right? Now you can send your Amazon shopping cart to someone and start shopping together!