In-N-Out Burger is one of the most beloved fast-food chains in the US, known for its high-quality burgers, french fries, and beverages.
With the increasing popularity of mobile payment options like Apple Pay, you may ask yourself, “Does In-N-Out take Apple Pay?”
You’ve come to the right place if you want to know whether In-N-Out locations take Apple Pay.
I wrote this guide to discuss whether In-N-Out accepts Apple Pay, other available payment options, and what to expect when visiting an In-N-Out restaurant.
Table of Contents
What Is In-N-Out Burger?
In-N-Out Burger is a US fast-food restaurant chain. The fast food chain started in 1948 in Southwest California and has over 300 locations across California, Colorado, Nevada, Oregon, and Texas as of 2022.
The fast-food chain has a strong reputation because they don’t compromise on food quality or customer service.
This restaurant franchise is well-known for supporting NGOs and providing tasty, quick meals.
The In-N-Out menu offers three burger options: double-double, cheeseburger, and hamburger. Three varieties of milkshakes are available, along with various beverages and french fries.
Does In-N-Out Take Apple Pay?
Customers at In-N-Out Burger can conveniently pay with mobile payments like Apple Pay. You can use Apple Pay when you go to an In-N-Out restaurant to save time.
Apple Pay lets you pay for online orders on the website and app. Nearly 85% of In-N-Out Burger locations in the US accept this payment.
You can apply this method to a variety of small and big payments.
Those who prefer not to carry cash can make any In-N-Out Burger transaction using the digital option offered by Apple Pay.
You can pay any necessary amount for your orders, which works nicely for In-N-Out restaurant purchases. The only requirement is that you activate Apple Pay on your Apple device.
You could quickly get your favorite meal using this fastest method. In 2019, the fast food company introduced Apple Pay.
When frequently using Apple Pay, your contactless transactions have extra incentives like cash back and holiday discounts.
How To Use Apple Pay at In-N-Out Burger
Apple Pay works on macOS and iOS devices, but you must enable the Apple Pay method on your Apple devices before you can use Apple Pay.
You can quickly link it to your debit and credit cards and use it to make fast food restaurant payments at In-N-Out Burger.
You must verify that a restaurant accepts Apple Pay before using it there.
Follow these instructions to use Apple Pay’s various payment methods for In-N-Out Burger orders.
Using the Face ID Feature To Pay
Place the back of your iPhone on the payment terminal to use Face ID to make a purchase. Various payment options are available here, including face ID and direct transactions.
Apple Pay transactions at In-N-Out Burger require Face ID verification. When paying orders, this method is either the default or is available as an option.
Here’s how it works.
- Verify that the restaurant where you went to purchase the food accepts Apple Pay on your iPhone.
- Use the device’s back side on the payment terminal.
- Enter the passcode and use your face ID to confirm the order.
- You can now either approve the payment or cancel it.
- You will receive the transaction’s information.
Using the Touch ID Feature To Pay
In addition to face ID, Touch ID is one of the most popular Apple Pay payment methods at In-N-Out Burger.
Your iPhone must be in Apple Pay mode when placing an In-N-Out Burger order with Touch ID.
- Open your Apple device and place your finger on the recognition pad to pay.
- Keep the iPhone device close to the NFC card reader to continue.
- The verification of the checkmark and done options comes next.
- Your screen will show the payment confirmation.
Using Apple Pay on the Apple Watch to Pay
Another way to pay with Apple Pay at In-N-Out Burger is your Apple Watch. This payment method’s benefits aren’t just for iPhone or iPad users, making using Apple Pay easy.
- Hold the Apple Watch on and activate the method.
- Keep it close to the NFC reader until the reader confirms your payment.
- Depending on the device setting, the Apple watch vibrates or makes a buzzing sound to confirm a transaction.
Using the App to Pay with Apple Pay
If you frequently visit a local In-N-Out restaurant chain, downloading the In-N-Out Burger App is beneficial. The app in the Apple store allows you to get any order at your location.
Here’s how to use Apple Pay to purchase the In-N-Out Burger app.
- Pick the products you want to order using the In-N-Out Burger app.
- Choose Apple Pay from the available payment methods when you arrive at the checkout page.
- Choose your payment card, then pay with it.
- You will receive a payment notification.
Using Apple Pay To Order on the Website
You may use Apple Pay on your Mac to make purchases on the In-N-Out Burger website. Install Apple Pay before ordering fast food from the website on your Mac.
Here’s how the procedure works.
- To choose your food, go to the In-N-Out website.
- Once you’ve placed your order, proceed to the checkout to verify the payment and order.
- For website payments, select Apple Pay.
- You can choose a different card for the payment; simply follow the on-screen instructions.
- Select a payment method, then confirm the transaction.
- Your screen will show the amount you paid.
How To Use Apple Pay at the In-N-Out Drive-thru With Your iPhone
Follow these instructions to pay with your iPhone while ordering meals from the In-N-Out Drive-Thru window.
- Tell the cashier you’ll use Apple Pay, then request that she pass you the card reader (pin pad).
- Double-click the right-side button on your iPhone.
- Enter your passcode or glance at your iPhone’s screen. If you’re using Face ID, glance at your iPhone’s screen. Using Touch ID, place your finger on the home sensor.
- Place your iPhone over the device that typically accepts credit cards at the contactless point of sale.
- Hold it there until you hear a ping, a green checkmark appears on the contactless reader, or the word Done appears on the screen of your iPhone.
How To Set up the Digital Wallet for Apple Pay on Your Apple Devices
Follow these instructions to activate Apple Pay on your iPhone.
- Select Wallet & Apple Pay under Settings.
- Select Add Card.
- Select the preferred payment method and tap Continue.
- You can manually enter your debit or credit card information or hold your iPhone over your debit or credit card until it correctly reads the card details.
- Verify that your home address matches the one listed on your credit card account. The three- or four-digit number printed on the back of your credit card serves as your security code.
- Accept Apple’s terms and conditions, and follow any necessary credit card verification procedures.
- Your credit or debit card is now available in the Apple Wallet app and prepared for Apple Pay use.
Here’s how to set up Apple Pay on your Apple Watch.
- Open your Apple Watch app on your connected iPhone.
- Select Wallet & Apple Pay.
- Tap Add Card and follow the instructions to add your chosen credit card to Apple Pay on your Apple Watch.
- You may now use Apple Pay with your Apple Watch.
Why You Should Use Apple Pay at In-N-Out Burger
Apple Pay is one of the most convenient payment services for In-N-Out Burger customers.
You can use Apple Pay for small and large payments and receive cashback benefits.
Apple Pay supports various payment verification methods, including Face ID, Touch ID, and Passcode.
Apple Pay doesn’t provide your credit or debit card info to merchants (ex. retail stores, restaurants, supermarkets, etc.), making this payment type highly secure.
Using Apple Pay is a simple and user-friendly approach. You can take advantage of safety features and quick and straightforward payment.
Apple Pay is a reliable payment method for large restaurant orders, making it an essential option you can use daily.
Other Payment Methods In-N-Out Accepts
In-N-Out takes Apple Pay and other payment methods.
- Google Pay (Android devices)
- Samsung Pay
- Visa cards
- Discover cards
- American Express cards
- Debit cards
- Prepaid cards
- In-N-Out Burger Gift Cards
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does In-N-Out Take Google Pay?
Yes. In-N-Out Burger accepts Google Pay. You can use Google Pay, Apple Pay, or Samsung Pay to make an online payment to the store.
Does In-N-Out Take Credit Cards?
Yes. In-N-Out Burger takes credit card purchases. It accepts American Express, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover.
Does In-N-Out Take Apple Pay in Drive-Thru?
Yes. In-N-Out Burger takes Apple Pay inside its restaurants and the drive-thru.
Can I Receive Cash Back at In-N-Out Using Apple Pay?
If you use Apple Pay inside In-N-Out, Apple will give you cashback. The cashback has no transactional restrictions, meaning you can use it whenever possible.
Every transaction is eligible for a cashback bonus of up to 3%. Visit the Apple website to review the detailed terms and conditions. You may verify your eligibility on the official Apple website.
Customers of the Apple Pay Card often receive rewards for any purchases made with the card.
If you frequently shop, please use the Apple Pay Card so that you can receive cash back on each purchase. Over time, these savings add up to be significant.
Where Is Apple Pay Accepted?
More than 2.5 million brick-and-mortar stores in the US currently accept Apple Pay, accounting for 85% of all US retailers.
Fast food chains like Dunkin’ Donuts, Subway, and Burger King take Apple Pay.
The retail giant Target also takes Apple Pay.
The Bottom Line
I hope my article answered your question about whether In-N-Out restaurants take Apple Pay.
Apple Pay makes it simple to pay at In-N-Out Burger. It’s more convenient and takes less time. It protects your information and allows you to thoroughly monitor your transactions.