Have you ever received a notification that says Payment Revision Needed on Amazon? If so, you’re not alone. This is a common message that many Amazon sellers receive.
But what does payment revision mean, and what do you need to do to fix it?
In this post, I will answer those questions and provide some steps that you can take to resolve the payment revision needed notification.
Let’s get started
Table of Contents
What Is Payment Revision Needed On Amazon?
The “Payment Revision Needed” notification is a message that you may receive from Amazon if they are having trouble processing your payment.
But why does Amazon keep asking for payment revision? There are several possible reasons, such as:
- Your credit card on file is expired: This happens when the credit card you have on file with Amazon expires. When a card expires, Amazon will try to process the payment with the new card information, but if it is unsuccessful, you will receive the notification.
- There are insufficient funds in your account: Sometimes you might be unaware that there are insufficient funds in your account to cover a charge. This can happen if you have multiple Amazon accounts and are using the same bank account for all of them.
- You’ve reached your card limit: Some cards tend to have limits on how much you can spend in a day or month. If you’ve reached that limit, your card will be declined and you’ll receive the notification.
- The billing address associated with your credit card is incorrect: This can happen if you moved and forgot to update your billing address with Amazon.
- Incorrect credit card details: If any of the credit card payment details you have on file with Amazon are incorrect, such as the expiration date, CVV code, or name on the card, the payment will be declined.
- Your credit card company is declining the charge for some reason: In some cases, your credit card company may decline the charge from Amazon for reasons such as suspected fraud or unusual activity.
What To Do After Receiving The Payment Revision Needed Message?
Many people try to contact Amazon after receiving this message, but the best thing to do is to take a look at your account and see if you can figure out what the problem is.
If Amazon keeps saying payment revision required, there are a few steps that you can take to resolve the issue:
- Update your payment method: You will need to update your method of payment with a new credit card or add funds to your account if there are insufficient funds.
- Update your billing address: If you’ve moved, you will need to update your billing address with Amazon.
- Check your credit card limit: If you’ve reached your credit card limit, you will need to either pay off your balance or increase your credit limit.
- Enter the correct credit card details: If you receive this notification, you might have entered your credit card information or payment details incorrectly when you set up your account. You will need to update your payment method with the correct credit card information in order to resolve this issue.
- Contact your credit card company: If your credit card company is declining the charge, you will need to contact them to find out why and resolve the issue.
Things To Look Out For After Receiving The Payment Revision Message
One thing to keep in mind is that there are a lot of scammers out there who will try to take advantage of people who receive this notification. They will often create fake websites or emails that look like they’re from Amazon, but they’re not.
Take note of these things whenever you receive a payment revision notification:
Make sure the email you have received is from Amazon
One way to tell if an email is from Amazon is to check the email address it was sent from. If it’s not from an @amazon.com address, then it’s most likely not from Amazon.
Check whether you have received the same notification on the Amazon website
If you’re not sure whether the email is from Amazon, you can check if you have received the same notification on the Amazon website.
To do this, log into your Amazon account and go to Your Orders. If there is a Payment Revision Needed message, it will be displayed here as well.
Do not click on any links in the email
If you’re unsure whether the email is from Amazon, do not click on any of the links in the email. These links could be malicious and might install viruses or malware on your computer.
Do not give out your personal information
As I mentioned before, there are a lot of scammers who will try to take advantage of people who receive this notification.
These scammers will try to get your personal information, such as your credit card number or Amazon password, by making fake websites or emails. Sometimes, they will do the opposite and make it seem like you have an Amazon digital charge pending.
So, be wary of these scams and do not give out your personal information to anyone unless you’re absolutely sure that they are who they say they are.
Contact Amazon immediately and report the incident if you think you may have been a victim of one of these scams.
You should also change your Amazon password and update your payment method to ensure your account is secure.
How To Fix Payment Revision Needed On Amazon
If you’re having problems with an Amazon payment revision needed but charged the amount from your account, or if Amazon has canceled your order, here’s how to fix it:
- To see which bank or card is listed as your default payment method, sign in to your Amazon account and click on the Payment option.
- If your payment information is correct, go to your orders, reattempt to make the payment, and finish the transaction
- If your payment information is incorrect, make the necessary changes and click on Save.
- Check to see if the issue has been resolved.
If you’ve done everything above and the payment is still not going through, the problem is most likely with your bank.
If you’re receiving a Payment revision error but Amazon has charged you or your money has been deducted, contact your bank to find out what’s going on.
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
What is Revise Payment in Amazon?
Revise Payment is an Amazon feature that makes it possible for you to use a different payment method or retry your initial payment method if your transaction failed the first time.
Follow the steps below to make changes to your order’s payment:
- Go to the Orders page.
- Click Revise Payment Method next to the order for which you want to make a payment change.
- Choose your preferred payment method and select Retry Payment.
Why is My Card Being Declined Even Though I Have Money?
There are a few reasons why your card might be declined even if you have money in your account.
One reason could be that you don’t have enough money to cover the purchase. Another reason could be that your card has been blocked by your bank, payment provider, or credit card company or your card has expired.
If you think either of these might be the case, you should contact your bank or credit card company to find out for sure.
It’s also possible that there is a problem with Amazon’s system, which is rare. If you think this might be the case, you should contact Amazon customer service for help.
Why is Amazon not Accepting my Payment?
There are a few reasons why your payment might not be going through on Amazon.
The most common reason is that the billing address or credit card information you have entered doesn’t match what your bank has on file.
If this is the case, you’ll need to update your information in your Amazon account and try again.
Another possibility is that you’re trying to use a credit or debit card that Amazon doesn’t accept.
For example, Amazon only accepts Visa, Mastercard, and American Express cards. If you’re using another type of card, you’ll need to find an alternate form of payment.
The “Payment Revision Needed on Amazon” notification can be caused by a few different things, such as an expired credit card, insufficient funds in your account, or incorrect billing information.
If you’re having trouble with your payment, don’t panic just yet! Follow the steps above to fix the problem.
If you still can’t seem to get your payment to go through, contact Amazon customer service for help.
They should be able to help you figure out what’s going on and get your account up and running again in no time. I hope this article was helpful to you.
Leave a comment below if you have any questions. I will be happy to hear from you! Did you know that there’s a special discount on Amazon prime for Seniors?
I am trying to renew my Prime Video here in France. Says there’s a problem. But my card is good and correct and still able to download Kindle and other orders. Have checked with Bank, they say no problem. Should be ok. Have been trying since 8th January but still payment not accepted.
The same problem, the only solution was to delete and again add the same card.
I’m having this issue and have been back and forth between the bank and Amazon. My issue is Amazon won’t accept my bank card for orders yet the same card is used for prime tv and goes smoothly. The bank have told me that Amazon are not using the new EU and UK regulation checks to check the card is being used by me. They have also said I will probably have to use my hyperjar card to pay for orders in future if Amazon and not willing to fix the error their side I’m going to have to constantly shift money from my bank to hyperjar. I don’t get it me. It’s frustrating and confusing. I’ve done the delete and re adding of the card and it still doesn’t work.