Are you eagerly awaiting an Amazon package that someone else shipped?
You might have asked yourself, “How do I track an Amazon package from someone else?” or “Can I track Amazon order from someone else?”
I wrote this guide to teach you how to track orders on Amazon from someone else:
- From the Amazon website
- From the Amazon shopping App
- On the Carrier’s website
- And on Google
I’ll give you the tools to stay informed of your package delivery.
How To Track Amazon Order From Someone Else on the Amazon Website
- The sender must go to the Amazon website and log in to their account.
- The sender must click Returns & Orders to access the Your Orders page.
- The sender must find the order they want to share and click Track Package.
- The sender must click Share Tracking, then click Share Gift Receipt, and send you the link.
- You can copy and paste the link on your browser to track your order.
Here’s how to track an Amazon order from someone else using your desktop or laptop browser.
Always get the order or tracking number, whether you ordered or someone else.
- Whoever ordered the package must log in to their account.
- On the upper-right corner of your main account dashboard, click Returns & Orders to see the Your Orders page.
- The sender must find the order they want to track and click the Track Package button to see the order summary page containing Amazon’s universal tracking system and all delivery updates.
- If Amazon Logistics handles shipping, the sender must click Share Tracking for shipment details.
- The sender must click Share Gift Receipt and send the link to you.
- Copy and paste the link on your browser to see your order’s status.
How To Track Amazon Package From Someone Else With the Amazon Shopping App
Can I track an Amazon order from someone else on the Amazon app? Yes.
Amazon’s incredible order-sharing capabilities let individuals share order statuses with you from the app.
- The sender who wants to share the item’s order status must open the Amazon shopping app on their mobile device and log into their account.
- The sender must tap the Profile icon at the bottom of the page.
- The sender must tap Your Orders to see the separate delivery dates and all the tracking details.
- The sender must find the order they want to share and tap Share Tracking to get the tracking link.
- The sender must tap Share Gift Receipt and share the link with you.
- Copy and paste the link to your mobile browser for the order delivery status.
How To Track Amazon Orders on the Carrier’s Website
An alternative way to track Amazon orders from someone else is to get the Tracking ID from the individual who ordered the item. You can use the tracking information to check the status outside Amazon tracking from a particular logistic website.
For example, if you receive a USPS tracking number, you can use the number to track your Amazon package on the USPS website.
Here’s how to easily track Amazon packages on courier companies’ websites.
- The sender must go to the Amazon web page and log in to their account.
- After entering their Amazon account login details, the sender must click Returns & Orders on the upper-right corner of the page.
- The sender must click the order they want to share and click to see the Order Details page with the tracking particulars, including the estimated delivery time and Tracking ID (if Amazon has shipped your item already).
- The sender should copy the tracking number and share it with you via email, text, or a messaging app.
- Once you receive the tracking info, you can copy and paste it into the appropriate carrier’s website to continue tracking the item.
Here’s an example.
- If you received a UPS tracking number, visit UPS online.
- Paste the tracking number in the box under Track on the UPS website.
- Click Track to see the status and location of your Amazon delivery.
How To Track Amazon Orders on Google
Here’s how to track an Amazon order from someone else by checking the status on Google.
- The sender must share the order’s tracking ID with you by following the steps I outlined previously.
- Once you have the tracking information, open your web browser and go to Google.
- Enter the courier’s name + tracking (ex., USPS tracking) and press Enter. Note: If the order is recent, you may not see any details immediately. It can take up to 48 hours for info to reflect on the USPS tracking system.
- Enter the tracking number in the Enter tracking number box under Track Your Package to see the order delivery status.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
Can I Track an Amazon Order Without the Shipment Tracking Number ID?
Unfortunately, you cannot track an Amazon order from someone else without the tracking number. The Amazon tracking number is a unique identifier for each package, and tracking the package’s location and delivery status is essential.
If you’ve lost or misplaced your tracking number, there are a few things you can try. First, check your Amazon account and look for the order.
If you can’t find any tracking order particulars, the seller might be preparing the item for shipment.
Contact the seller or Amazon support for assistance. They may be able to provide you with the tracking number or update you on the Amazon shipping status of your order.
Can I Get Tracking Details on an Amazon Package From Third-party Sellers?
To track a package from a third-party seller, the seller must share the tracking particulars with an online marketplace like Amazon.
Amazon usually uses traceable shipping methods like USPS, UPS Ground, and FedEx Home Delivery, among other express couriers.
If the seller has provided tracking information, you can typically find it in your account by navigating to the Your Orders section and clicking on the specific order you want to track.
From there, you can view all the tracking info, the package’s shipping status, and the estimated delivery date.
Some packages, especially those shipped internationally or using standard shipping methods, may not be trackable.
In these cases, you may need to rely on the seller’s estimated delivery dates or contact Amazon customer service.
How Do I Contact Amazon’s Customer Service Department?
Here are the contact details of Amazon’s Customer Service Department.
- US Customers – 1-888-280-4331
- International Customers – +1-206-922-0880
Can I Track Packages With Amazon Tracking Information if I Don’t Have an Account?
If you don’t have an Amazon account, you may need to get details from the sender of the package to obtain the tracking number. You can get the required tracking information by using that person’s account.
Amazon allows users to share their orders and tracking information with others through various messaging apps or social media platforms.
Say you have other details about the package, such as the shipping carrier or delivery address. You can track the package through the carrier’s website.
For example, carriers like UPS and FedEx allow users to track packages through national carrier websites using the delivery address or a reference number provided by the sender.
Can I Track an Order on Amazon Without Logging in to My Account?
It depends on who is shipping your order.
If Amazon Logistics is shipping your item, you must be logged in to your account to see order status updates, even if you saved the Amazon tracking number.
On the other hand, if a third-party courier is shipping your item, you can track your order on that courier’s website using the tracking number.
If you have a FedEx tracking number, go to the FedEx website, enter the tracking information in the Tracking ID field, and click TRACK.
The Bottom Line
Tracking an Amazon order from someone else can initially seem intimidating, but you can do it in less than five minutes with the proper knowledge.
If you don’t have the tracking number for your Amazon order, don’t panic. Contact the sender for assistance. Remember, if the courier shipped your package using a traceable shipping method, you could easily track it.
I hope you found this guide helpful.
However, even when tracking a package regularly, couriers occasionally deliver to the incorrect address. In these instances, knowing what to do is helpful if Amazon delivers to the wrong address.